-- Prepare soup and panini recipe; begin to grill - 10 minutes
-- Prepare salad and serve - 10 minutes
Gourmet Soup and Turkey Apple Panini
20 ounces lobster bisque (or other gourmet soup)
1 large tart apple (rinsed)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup light Vidalia onion salad dressing
4 slices Bakery rustic sandwich bread
1/4 lb thin-sliced smoked honey turkey breast
4 slices smoked provolone cheese
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Transfer soup to medium saucepan. Cover and heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Peel and core apple; slice apple thinly.
2. Combine in small bowl, mayonnaise and salad dressing until blended. Spread mixture evenly on one side of all bread slices. Place 2 bread slices on work surface (coated side up): add 1/2 of the turkey to each, then 1/2 of the apple slices, and top with 1/2 of the cheese slices. Assemble sandwiches with remaining 2 bread slices.
3. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place sandwiches on grill and press lid down firmly. Cook 5-6 minutes, occasionally pressing lid, until crisp and golden. Cut sandwiches in half using serrated knife. Transfer soup to serving bowls and serve.
4 ounces watercress leaves (or 2 bunches)
2 plum tomatoes (rinsed)
4 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
1/3 cup European salad dressing
1 ounce Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon gray sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut watercress, if pre-washed and trimmed, into large, bite-size pieces and place in salad bowl. (If using bunch, trim stems and then rinse well before tearing to size.) Slice tomatoes thinly. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and dressing; toss until evenly coated.
2. Transfer salad to serving dishes. Shave curls from Parmesan cheese wedge, using vegetable peeler, over each salad. Finish with sea salt and pepper; serve.
A panini pan makes grilling these sandwiches a snap. The heated press ensures that both sides of the bread are crisp and golden.