-- Prepare pork and begin to bake - 35 minutes
-- Bake pork for 10 minutes, then begin squash - 10 minutes
-- Complete squash and slice pork; serve - 15 minutes
Ginger Chile Pork
3 green onions, chopped
Zest/juice of 1 orange
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons ginger spice paste
2 tablespoons chile spice paste
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
Large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons canola oil
-- Chop onions (1/2 cup).
-- Zest/grate orange peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze orange for juice (1/2 cup).
1. Combine all ingredients (except pork and oil) for marinade; reserve 1/2 cup for later use. Place pork and remaining marinade into bag; seal tightly. Let stand 15 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add pork (discarding bag and marinade); cook 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides.
3. Transfer pork to shallow baking dish; top with reserved 1/2 cup marinade. Bake 18-20 minutes or until pork is 145°F. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork and serve.
Brown Sugar Ginger Squash
1 (12-oz) box frozen cooked butternut squash
1 (6-oz) cup prepared mashed potatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon ginger spice paste
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1. Microwave squash following package instructions. Transfer squash to medium bowl. Microwave potatoes following package instructions.
2. Stir into squash: brown sugar, butter, ginger paste, salt, and pepper.
3. Chop onions. Fold mashed potatoes and onions into squash mixture. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, multi-grain bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
-- Sweet potatoes would be a great substitute for the mashed potatoes.