-- Preheat grill; prepare shrimp through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare eggplant and begin to grill - 15 minutes
-- Turn eggplant and add shrimp; complete both and serve - 5 minutes
Garlic Chile Shrimp
1/2 cup ginger salad dressing
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chile pepper blend paste
2 teaspoons sesame oil
8 shrimp bar-b-skewers (thawed)
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1. Preheat grill. Combine dressing, garlic, marmalade, soy sauce, and chili spice paste in medium saucepan. Allow sauce to simmer on low until ready to serve (up to 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Sauce should be hot and flavors well blended.
2. Drizzle oil over shrimp skewers; sprinkle with spice powder and let stand 5 minutes to marinate.
3. Place shrimp on grill; grill 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; grill 1-3 more minutes or just until shrimp are pink. Serve shrimp with warm sauce on the side for dipping.
Grilled Eggplant Salad
2 large tomatoes
8-10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 large eggplant
Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning blend, divided
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
-- Preheat grill.
-- Cut tomatoes in half (gently squeeze to remove seeds); chop coarsely.
-- Chop basil (about 1 tablespoon).
-- Trim ends from eggplant; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
1. Coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning. Place slices on grill; grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender and golden.
2. Combine tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning. Place eggplant slices on serving dish; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
-- Complete your meal with basmati rice, soft dinner rolls, and lemon creme cake for dessert.
-- Five-spice powder usually contains cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, star anise, and ginger or peppercorns. Use in stir-fry recipes or to season poultry before roasting.