-- Prepare frittata through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare grits, complete frittata and serve - 10 minutes
8 green onions
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound cooked ham cubes
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Chop green onions into 1/4-inch pieces, including up to half of green tops. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 1-2 minutes. Melt butter in pan. Add onions, ham and (rinsed) mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess liquid, if needed. 2. Break eggs into medium bowl and whisk thoroughly. Pour eggs into pan and allow to cook 1 minute, without stirring, until bottom of egg mixture is set. Tilt pan and use spatula to pull cooked eggs up, allowing uncooked eggs to reach bottom of pan. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes, until eggs are completely set.
3. Remove from heat. Top with cheese, cover and allow eggs to stand 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 375kcal; FAT 27g; CHOL 421mg; SODIUM 983mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 23%; VIT C 12%; CALC 25%; IRON 16%
2 cups water
1 cup grits
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) jar processed cheese sauce
1. Combine water, grits and salt in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6 minutes, stirring once, until thickened.
3. Stir in cheese sauce, mixing well, and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 299kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 26mg; SODIUM 912mg; CARB 38g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 9g; VIT A 7%; VIT C 0%; CALC 17%; IRON 9%
Save some green tops from the onion to garnish top of frittata.