-- Prepare fish recipe through step 3 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare zucchini, complete fish; serve - 15 minutes
Fish in Tomato-Caper Butter
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
4 frozen fish fillets (such as salmon, snapper, or halibut; 1 1/2 lb)
8 oz angel hair pasta
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons capers
1 (4-oz) package sun-dried tomato butter, divided
-- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
-- Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
-- Chop oregano.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray, then place fish in pan; cook 4 minutes (without turning).
2. Cook pasta following package instructions. Drain and return to pan; cover to keep warm.
3. Turn fish and cover; cook 4 more minutes or until 145°F (or fish separates easily). Remove fish from pan; season with salt and pepper, then cover to keep warm.
4. Reduce heat on same sauté pan to medium. Place vinegar, capers, lemon juice, and oregano in pan; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until liquid has reduced by about one-half. Remove from heat; whisk in one-half of the tomato butter until blended.
5. Stir remaining half of tomato butter into pasta. Serve sauce over fish.
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
3 medium zucchini, sliced
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
-- Chop tomatoes (1 cup) and oregano.
-- Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (about 6 cups).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add zucchini; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper flakes.
2. Add tomatoes and oregano; cook 1-2 more minutes or until tomatoes soften. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, crusty baguette, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- The fish recipe was created for preparing frozen fish; no thawing needed.