-- Preheat oven; prepare pork through step 1 and marinate - 5 minutes
-- Prepare figlets and begin to bake - 5 minutes
-- Grill pork; prepare fig sauce and serve - 25 minutes
Fig and Rosemary Pork
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
3 shallots, thinly sliced
10 small fresh figs, coarsely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 oz Deli diced pancetta (or bacon)
1 cup fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-- Chop rosemary (leaves only).
-- Slice shallots; chop figs (1/2 cup each).
1. Season pork with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil; let stand 5-10 minutes to marinate. Preheat grill pan (or grill).
2. Place pork in grill pan (or on grill); grill 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until 145°F (for medium). Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add pancetta, mushrooms, shallots, and figs; cook 2-3 minutes or until pancetta is golden and mushrooms are tender.
4. Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until liquid has reduced by about one-half.
5. Add broth; cook 2-3 more minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in butter. Slice pork, then top with sauce. Serve.
1 prepared pie crust
8 small fresh figs, stems removed
2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
butter cooking spray
4 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut crust into eight 3-inch squares; place figs in center of each square. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over figs. Bring sides of dough up around figs and pinch together.
2. Coat muffin tin (or baking sheet) with spray, then add pastries; bake 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; let stand to cool. Drizzle with honey; serve.
-- Complete your meal with mashed potatoes, fresh salad blend, and mini croissants.
-- Serve the figlets with vanilla (or your favorite flavor) ice cream.