-- Prepare risotto - 45 minutes
-- Prepare shrimp and complete risotto; serve - 5 minutes
Fall Harvest Risotto With Garlic Shrimp
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 leek, sliced
1 bunch red chard
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup pre-diced butternut squash
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1 box (or can) butternut squash bisque (18 oz)
3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat Gorgonzola cheese
1 (10-oz) box frozen garlic & herb marinated shrimp
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
-- Chop garlic. Cut leek in half lengthwise and rinse well. Slice leek, white part only (1 cup).
-- Remove chard leaves from stems; chop leaves coarsely (2 cups), then chop stems (1 cup).
1. Preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pot, then add garlic, leeks, chard stems, and squash; cook 2-3 minutes or until squash begins to soften.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in rice, bisque, and broth until blended and cover; cook and stir 10 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 20 more minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheese vigorously.
4. Prepare shrimp, while risotto cooks, following stovetop package instructions.
5. Stir into risotto: chard leaves, salt, and pepper. Divide risotto into serving bowls; top with shrimp and serve.
-- Complete your meal with a Caesar salad, French bread, and a chocolate dessert.
-- If you have extra chard, it can simply be sautéed the same way you would cook fresh spinach.