-- Prepare cobbler for baking - 10 minutes
-- Prepare pizzettes (toss salad while broiling) and serve - 20 minutes
-- Adjust heat on oven and bake cobbler while enjoying dinner; serve warm - 30 minutes
1 large eggplant
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced onions
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced bell peppers
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-- Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat on broil.
-- Cut eggplant into eight 3/4-inch-thick slices.
1. Line baking sheet with foil; arrange eggplant in single layer. Broil 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Turn slices over; broil 4-5 more minutes or until second side is browned.
3. Spread pizza sauce over slices, then top with onions, peppers, and cheese. Broil 1-2 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
1 (8-oz) package refrigerated cookie dough (snickerdoodle or sugar)
2 tart green apples (such as Granny Smith)
1 (24-oz) jar chunky applesauce
1 (15-oz) can sliced peaches in light syrup (drained)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Plastic wrap or waxed paper
-- Preheat oven to 425°F.
-- Set cookie dough out to warm at room temperature.
-- Peel and core apples; slice thinly.
1. Combine apples, applesauce, peaches, brown sugar, oats, and pie spice; transfer to 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Place cookie dough between plastic wrap or waxed paper. Flatten dough, using rolling pin, until about a 10-inch square. Place dough on fruit; trim any excess. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden and mixture bubbles at edges. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with pizza toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, olives), fresh salad blend, and cheese flatbread.
-- The intensity of oven broilers varies widely; watch the eggplant carefully to avoid scorching.