Dijon-Crusted Turkey With Pineapple Coleslaw
- Makes 4 Servings
- Total Time:
- 30 minutes
- Active Time:
- 30 minutes
-- Prepare turkey and begin to bake - 15 minutes
-- Prepare coleslaw; complete turkey and serve - 15 minutes
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
2 turkey tenderloins (1 1/4 lb)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon canola oil
-- Preheat oven to 375°F.
-- Place breadcrumbs on plate (may be paper).
-- Place egg in shallow bowl; beat lightly.
-- Cut turkey into four portions.
1. Coat both sides of turkey with mustard. Dip turkey into egg, turning to coat boat sides (then allowing any excess to drip off). Finally, dip into bread crumbs; press with fingertips to coat evenly (wash hands).
2. Preheat large oven-safe sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add turkey; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until crust is golden.
3. Transfer pan to oven; bake 10-12 minutes or turkey is 165°F. Serve.
1 medium head green cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 small tart green apple, quartered and thinly sliced
2 (8-oz) cans pineapple tidbits in juice (undrained)
3/4 cup coleslaw dressing
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
4 teaspoons tarragon (or cider) vinegar
-- Cut cabbage in half (reserve one-half for other use); slice finely and place in salad bowl.
-- Slice one-half of onion thinly. Cut apple into quarters; slice thinly. Add both to cabbage.
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice, and add pineapple bits to cabbage. Place reserved pineapple juice in medium bowl; whisk in remaining ingredients until well blended.
2. Add dressing to cabbage; toss until evenly coated. Chill or serve at room temperature. (Makes 8 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with scalloped potatoes, multigrain bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
-- The coleslaw may be made and chilled several hours in advance; the flavors will blend and mellow nicely.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 145mg; SODIUM 660mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 50%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%