-- These appetizers work well together or individually.
-- Here are some tips about how to organize your preparation.
-- About an hour before serving, prepare chicken and begin to bake.
-- While chicken bakes, prepare dip.
-- Complete chicken and return to oven (along with dip) to keep warm.
-- Prepare mini bruschettas; place in oven to keep warm.
-- Arrange buffet, with platters you can pick up at Publix, including sandwiches, sliced meat and cheese, fresh fruit, and cut vegetables.
-- Finish with one or more dessert platters and a colorful floral centerpiece.
-- Once the last recipe is in the oven, you may still have a little time to take care of those last-minute details.
Easy Buffalo Wings
2 pounds Deli fried chicken wings/drummettes
1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (or 1/2-1 cup for hotter sauce)
1/4 cup garlic and herb butter
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
celery ribs and blue cheese dressing, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange chicken in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crisp and hot.
2. Combine in microwave-safe bowl, 1/4 cup wing sauce (for mild), butter, and Worcestershire sauce. (Increase wing sauce to 1/2 cup for medium or 1 cup for hot.) Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk mixture until well blended.
3. If preparing ahead of time, reduce heat at end of bake time to 200°F. Drizzle sauce over chicken or reserve sauce to serve for dipping instead. Return to oven to keep warm up to 30 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery.
Note: Prepare additional sauce of each heat level for dipping.
Hot Party Dip
2 (16-ounce) containers Deli artichoke and spinach dip
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
8 round buttery type crackers
assorted crackers (for dipping)
1. Place artichoke and spinach dip in ovenproof microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes.
2. Stir dip; top with cheese. Crush crackers while sprinkling over top of dip. Microwave on HIGH 4 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (or place in 200°F oven to keep warm up to 20 minutes). Serve with assorted crackers for dipping.
Note: Preparation and cooking time is 15 minutes and makes 10 servings.
2 tablespoons garlic and herb butter
8 mini bagels
1/4 cup olive tapenade
2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
Alternate topping: sweet onions/peppers relish, diced pepperoni
1. Place garlic butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until melted. Preheat large sauté pan on medium heat 2-3 minutes.
2. Separate bagels into two halves. Brush butter over cut side of bagels; place 8, with buttered side down, in pan. Cook 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Turn bagels and top each with 1 teaspoon tapenade; sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 3-4 minutes or until heated and cheese melts. Arrange on serving tray (or on baking sheet; place in 200°F oven to keep warm up to 20 minutes). Complete remaining bagels. Serve.
Onion and Pepperoni Bruschettas: Prepare bagels as noted above. Top with 1/4 cup onions/peppers relish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons diced pepperoni. Complete as noted.
Note: Preparation and cooking time is 20 minutes and makes 16 mini bruschettas.
Stop by your neighborhood Publix for Deli platters, beverages and your other party needs.