-- Prepare tomatoes and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare chicken, complete tomatoes; serve - 35 minutes
Date Night Chicken
8-10 pitted dates, coarsely chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 oz Deli goat cheese, crumbled
3 slices bacon
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic/herb seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
-- Chop dates (1 cup). Slice shallots.
-- Crumble cheese.
-- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season chicken with herb seasoning and pepper (wash hands). Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add bacon; cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Add shallots and dates; cook 2 more minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat. Add wine and return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 10-12 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
4. Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices. Spoon date mixture on top of chicken; top with cheese. Serve.
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 large plum tomatoes, halved
1/2 teaspoon garlic/herb seasoning
2 1/2 tablespoons Caesar dressing, divided
2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs, divided
2 cups spinach blend salad greens
-- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil.
-- Halve tomatoes lengthwise; remove seeds.
1. Place tomatoes, cut side up, in baking dish; sprinkle with herb seasoning.
2. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until tomatoes or tender and topping has browned.
3. Divide salad greens between four serving plates; top each salad with two tomato halves. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with Brussels sprouts, Cuban bread, and chocolate cake for dessert.
-- The tomatoes can be assembled (unbaked) and placed on top of the salad greens for a refreshing summer salad.