-- Prepare rice and shrimp each through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Complete rice; complete shrimp and serve - 15 minutes
Curried Shrimp and Vegetables
16 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry
(with carrots, onions, red peppers, water chestnuts, mushrooms)
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (undrained)
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 tablespoon refrigerated ginger salad dressing
1 tablespoon country Dijon mustard
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon flour
1. Place stir-fry vegetables in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until thawed.
2. Preheat wok (or large sauté pan) on high 3-4 minutes. Wok should be hot enough to sizzle when ingredients are added.
3. Place pineapple (including juice), garlic, ginger dressing, mustard, and shrimp in wok; cover and cook 1 minute.
4. Drain vegetables; add to wok. Stir until mixed; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
5. Stir in curry powder and flour until well blended. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Mandarin Orange Tea Rice
1 1/2 cups Mandarin orange-flavored green tea
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups 10-minute brown rice
1. Place tea, seasoned salt, and allspice in medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil on medium.
2. Stir in rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir; cover and let stand 5-7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
This recipe can also be prepared with cooked diced chicken or without meat for a vegetarian meal.