2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 limes, for zest/juice
2 cups shredded 3-color coleslaw mix
3 tablespoons spicy ranch dressing
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if frozen)
1/2 cup fish fry mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
8 small flour tortillas
- Chop cilantro, then combine with mayonnaise in large bowl. Zest/grate lime peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze limes for juice (2 tablespoons). Add both to mayonnaise. Add slaw and toss to coat; set aside.
- Combine ranch dressing and shrimp; toss to coat. Place fry mix in second bowl, then dip shrimp in fry mix to coat.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 3–4 minutes. Place oil in pan; then add shrimp; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque and coating is golden. Drain shrimp on paper towels.
- Microwave tortillas on HIGH for 25 seconds or until warmed. Peel avocado and slice thinly. Place avocado, shrimp, and slaw in each tortilla; serve.
1 cup uncooked rice
5 cups water
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place rice and water in blender; blend 1 minute. Chill 30 minutes (or up to 3 hours).
- Combine remaining ingredients in a pitcher; strain rice water into milk mixture and stir until blended. Serve over ice. (Makes 6 servings.)