-- Prepare chicken through step 1 - 15 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes, complete chicken; serve - 20 minutes
Criollo Chicken With Pineapple Salsa
zest of 1 lime
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1/2 medium yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (8-oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
-- Zest/grate lime peel (no white; 1 teaspoon).
1. Place in food processor: cilantro, onion, garlic, vinegar, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup oil; blend until smooth. Place marinade in zip-top bag, add chicken. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Preheat grill pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place chicken in pan; cook 7-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is 165°F.
3. Combine pineapple, lime zest, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Serve chicken with salsa.
1 (24-oz) bag baby potatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons Sazón seasoning with coriander/achiote
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
-- Halve potatoes; chop cilantro.
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish and cover; microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Mash until smooth; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a frozen vegetable blend, Cuban bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
-- You can marinate the chicken overnight to get the maximum flavor from your marinade.