-- Prepare pasta through step 1 (10 minutes)
-- Prepare salmon (15 minutes)
-- Complete pasta; serve (10 minutes)
4 salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 lb), skin removed
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning blend
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 23 minutes. Always check fish for bones. Coat both sides of fish with seasoning (wash hands). Place 2 tablespoons butter in pan, then add fish; cook 3-4 minutes on each side until 145°F (or until opaque and separates easily). Meanwhile, chop garlic. Remove fish from pan.
2. Reduce heat on pan to low. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter and garlic in pan; cook and stir 1 minute to melt butter. Remove pan from heat; squeeze lemon for juice and stir into butter. Serve sauce over fish.
Ditalini Vegetable Ragoût
2 medium shallots, coarsely chopped
1/4 lb fresh asparagus spears, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
4 oz ditalini pasta (1 cup)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 (15.5-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed/drained
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
2 tablespoons capers
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
-- Bring water to boil for pasta.
-- Chop shallot, asparagus, parsley, and thyme.
1. Cook pasta following package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water for later use.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add shallots, asparagus, pasta, tomatoes, and beans; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Stir in herbs, butter, capers, salt, pepper, and reserved pasta water; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until hot. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, artisan bread, and a chocolate dessert.
-- Adding pasta water to the ragoût allows the mixture to stay moist and creates a nice pan sauce.