Creamy Shrimp With Lemon Rice
- Makes 4 Servings
- Total Time:
- 25 minutes
- Active Time:
- 25 minutes
-- Prepare rice through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare shrimp through step 2 - 5 minutes
-- Complete rice and shrimp; serve - 10 minutes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 pound peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add shrimp; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
2. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add shrimp; cover and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp just begin to brown.
3. Add vegetables and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are thawed.
4. Add remaining ingredients and heat until boiling. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes. Serve.
1 lemon (for zest and juice)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon butter
2 cups instant rice
1. Rinse lemon. Using vegetable peeler, peel 3-4 strips of lemon peel. Chop finely to equal 1 1/2 teaspoons. (This is lemon zest.)
2. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice from both halves (about 2 tablespoons) into medium saucepan. Add water, seasoned salt, and butter. Cover and bring to boil on high.
3. Stir rice and lemon zest into boiling water. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve.
Try this shrimp dish served over mashed potatoes or fresh-baked biscuits.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 311kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 215mg; SODIUM 1174mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 11%; CALC 11%; IRON 18%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 3mg; SODIUM 207mg; CARB 37g; FIBER <1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 1%; VIT C 5%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%