-- Prepare croissants through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare pasta recipe and serve - 20 minutes
-- Heat croissants when ready to serve - 10 minutes
Creamy Chicken Shiitake Pasta
1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
8 oz frozen pesto and cheese-filled ravioli
2 chicken cutlets (1/2 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
-- Bring water to boil for ravioli.
-- Chop basil leaves.
-- Remove stems from mushrooms; slice mushrooms thinly.
1. Cook ravioli following package instructions.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until 165°F. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk milk and cheese spread until smooth; add to pan. Stir in Parmesan cheese until cheese melts.
4. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, ravioli, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts and sauce is blended. Slice chicken and arrange over ravioli; sprinkle with basil and serve.
Chocolate Strawberry Croissants
8 Bakery mini croissants
2 cups fresh whole strawberries
1 (3.5-oz) bar dark chocolate, 70% cacao
1 tablespoon honey
1 (5.3-oz) cup fat-free Greek yogurt with honey
-- Preheat oven to 400°F.
-- Slice croissants in half lengthwise; slice strawberries thinly.
1. Break chocolate into 1-inch squares, place one square inside each croissant. Top with strawberry slices and close croissant; drizzle with honey.
2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until chocolate melts. Top with yogurt and serve warm. (Makes 8 servings
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and a crusty baguette.
-- Try the croissants with any type of fresh fruit. Use dark, milk, or white chocolate, based on your preference.