-- Put water on to boil for pasta; prepare salad through step 6 and refrigerate: 20 minutes
-- Prepare crabmeat alfredo; complete salad and serve: 25 minutes
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
6 ounces fettuccine (approx. 1/3 box)
2 tablespoons garlic butter
one 8-ounce tub fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover and place on high heat to boil for pasta.
2. Wash parsley. Remove and discard stems.
3. Using food chopper, chop parsley (enough for 1/4 cup). Set aside.
4. Dice roasted peppers into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
5. Check pasta water for boil. When boiling, add pasta and cook uncovered for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Measure remaining ingredients and place near stove.
7. Preheat sauté pan on high for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add garlic butter and swirl to coat. Add: roasted peppers, parsley, and crabmeat; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
10. Add whipping cream and cook for 1 minute.
11. Remove pasta from heat and drain in colander.
12. Add to crabmeat mixture: pasta, cheese and steak seasoning; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Hearts of Palm Salad
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
4 large basil leaves (or 8 small)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
one 14 3/8-ounce can hearts of palm
1 cup grape tomatoes
4 cups field greens salad blend
1. Place in blender: balsamic vinegar, basil leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, garlic, salt and pepper; blend on high for 15 seconds.
2. Turn power off and use spatula to scrape down sides of blender.
3. Add vinaigrette dressing and blend on high for 30 seconds. Refrigerate.
4. Drain hearts of palms and cut into 1/2-inch rings.
5. Wash tomatoes.
6. Place in salad bowl: greens, hearts of palms, and tomatoes.
7. Drizzle salad with 1/2 dressing, reserving remainder of dressing for later use. Serve.
This is an elegant meal for a special occasion. Substitute imitation crabmeat or chicken for a more economical everyday meal.