-- Prepare salmon and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare salad and complete salmon; serve - 35 minutes
Couscous-Crusted Mediterranean Salmon
zest/juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons raisins
3 tablespoons sliced stuffed green olives
2 tablespoons pine nuts (or slivered almonds)
1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
1 1/2 cups spinach/tomato (or plain) couscous
1 (1 1/4 lb) salmon filet (skin removed)
1 teaspoon salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning
2 cups water
-- Preheat oven to 375°F.
-- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon). Set lemon aside.
-- Chop basil and parsley; place in medium bowl.
1. Stir into basil: raisins, olives, pine nuts, lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon oil; stir in couscous.
2. Coat 9- x 13-inch baking dish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Add salmon; sprinkle with seasoning. Spoon couscous evenly over fish and bottom of baking dish. Pour water over couscous. Bake 20-30 minutes or until fish is 145°F (or flesh separates easily).
3. Squeeze lemon (for juice) over fish. Serve.
12 baby carrots, coarsely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 bag European (or romaine) salad blend (8-10 oz)
1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
-- Chop carrots and tomatoes.
1. Place salad blend in salad bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.
-- Complete your meal with steamed broccoli, flavored water, and fruit pie for dessert.
-- You can also prepare this recipe with firm white fish such as snapper, halibut, or cod.