Creamy Spinach Polenta
1 (10-oz) package frozen creamed spinach
1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-- Microwave spinach on HIGH 2-3 minutes to thaw.
-- Chop onion (1/2 cup).
1. Combine in a microwave-safe dish: water, cornmeal, onions, salt, and pepper until blended. Cover and microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes.
2. Stir in spinach; microwave 4-5 more minutes or until thickened.
3. Stir in cheese and serve.
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Zest and juice of 1 orange
12 slices Bakery artisan bread (8 oz)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
-- Preheat oven to 375°F.
-- Chop olives and artichokes; slice tomatoes.
-- Zest/grate orange peel, no white (1 teaspoon), and squeeze orange for juice (2 tablespoons); place in medium bowl.
1. Coat both sides of bread with spray and place on baking sheet; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake 7-8 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven; let stand 2 minutes to cool.
2. Add to orange juice and zest: vinegar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Whisk in oil.
3. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and artichokes. Divide evenly over bread; sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
8 slices Bakery challah (egg) bread with raisins
1 cup mini marshmallows
Butter-flavor cooking spray
Confectioner's sugar (optional)
-- Preheat two-sided tabletop grill.
-- Peel and slice bananas.
1. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over bread. Arrange banana slices over 4 bread slices; sprinkle marshmallows over remaining 4 slices.
2. Assemble with one slice of each, then coat both sides with cooking spray. Place on grill; grill 3-4 minutes or until golden.
3. Let stand 2 minutes to cool; filling will be VERY HOT. Cut in half; sprinkle with sugar. Serve.
-- These sides are perfect complements for frozen or ready-to-heat dinner entrees.
-- The panini can also be cooked in a sauté pan on medium heat.