-- Preheat grill
-- Prepare fish recipe and begin to grill fish through step 7 - 25 minutes
-- Prepare rice and complete fish; serve - 10 minutes
Cilantro Pesto Mahi and Red Pepper Sauce
4 mahi (or snapper, swordfish) fillets (1 1/2 lbs)
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
2 fresh garlic cloves
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
15-20 sprigs fresh cilantro (rinsed)
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 medium shallot (rinsed)
1/2 cup white wine
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers (drained)
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat grill. Thaw fish under cold running water, if needed.
2. Place cheese, garlic, and walnuts in food processor; process 15-20 seconds or until finely chopped. Add olive oil, cilantro (about 1/4 cup), and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Process 15-20 seconds or until smooth; remove from food processor and set aside.
3. Peel shallot and mince finely; combine with wine in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high.
4. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid has reduced by about one half.
5. Place red peppers in food processor; add wine reduction and process 20-25 seconds or until smooth. Pour mixture back into same pan; bring to boil on medium-high.
6. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring often, or until sauce thickens.
7. Meanwhile, season both sides of fish with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place fish on grill (wash hands); close lid (or cover loosely with foil). Grill 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish is golden and separates easily with a fork.
8. Add butter to pepper sauce along with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk until smooth. (Reduce heat to low to keep warm, if needed.) Spoon pepper sauce onto serving plates; place fish on sauce and top with cilantro pesto. Serve.
Yellow Rice and Peas
1 cup frozen baby peas
2 (8.8-ounce) pouches pre-cooked yellow rice
1. Place peas in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until thawed; drain if needed.
2. Stir in rice; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
The fish recipe can also be served chilled. Along with the cold sauces, you can add olives, onions, fresh tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and fresh lemon wedges.