1 large sweet onion
2 beef shoulder petite tenders (about 1 lb)
1 cup chipotle salsa
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Large zip-top bag
8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Combine salsa, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade and beef in bag. Seal bag and knead to coat; let stand 15 minutes to marinate (or overnight).
- Preheat grill. Cut onion into 1-inch chunks. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes, about 32 pieces (wash hands).
- Thread onions and beef alternately on skewers. Place skewers on grill; grill 4–5 minutes, turning often, and until meat is 125°F (for medium rare; warm red center), 130°F (for medium; warm pink center), or up to 170°F (for well done). Baste skewers with reserved 1/4 cup marinade during last 2 minutes of grill time. Serve.
NOTE: The doneness temperatures for medium rare and medium stated above are traditional temperatures used for cooking steaks, but are not recommended by the USDA. To maintain food safety, the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F, as measured using a food thermometer, with a 3-minute rest time.
1 (8-oz) bag mini sweet peppers
1 (2.10-oz) package precooked bacon slices
4 oz jalapeño-cheddar cream cheese
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill. Remove stem end of peppers; slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and white membrane. Cut bacon slices in half.
- Combine cream cheese and shredded cheese. Arrange peppers on work surface with cut-side up; divide cheese mixture and fill each pepper half. Wrap one-half slice bacon around each pepper and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place peppers on grill over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bacon is crispy. Remove toothpicks and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)