-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare chicken and begin to bake (10 minutes)
-- Prepare slaw recipe and complete chicken; serve (25 minutes)
Chicken with Buffalo Cream Sauce
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 (8-oz) package Buffalo sauce & coating mix
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place egg in shallow bowl; place coating mix in second bowl. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off), then dip into breading mixture, pressing with fingertips to evenly coat. Arrange chicken on baking sheet (wash hands). Bake chicken 12 minutes.
2. Turn chicken over; bake 10-12 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F and breading is well browned.
3. Combine buffalo sauce (from mix) with yogurt, then stir in onions. Slice chicken. Serve chicken with sauce.
Blue Cheese Slaw
1 (16-oz) bag shredded 3-color coleslaw mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried, julienne-cut tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1. Place all ingredients (except dressing) in salad bowl.
2. Stir in dressing; toss until evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with onion rings, dinner rolls, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- For tasty and fun sliders, just add the chicken, sauce, and slaw to dinner rolls.
-- The slaw can be made up to 2 hours in advance.