1 (9-oz) package three-cheese tortellini
1 (24-oz) jar vodka pasta sauce
1/2 cup sweet pepper bruschetta topping (or roasted red peppers)
2 large eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1 (6-oz) package refrigerated Italian cheese bread crumb mix
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss pasta with vodka sauce and bruschetta topping; place in 9-inch square baking dish.
- Place eggs in shallow bowl; place bread crumb mix in second bowl. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture; press with fingertips to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of pasta (wash hands). Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
- Top pasta with cheese; bake 2-3 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F and cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Chop basil; sprinkle over top and serve.
1/2 of a (20-oz) pound cake, thawed
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 large banana
2 (3.25-oz) cups vanilla pudding
2 (7-oz) containers dipping chocolate
Decorating sprinkles (optional)
- Remove cake from packaging and cut in half (reserve remaining half for another use); slice cake thinly. Let stand 10 minutes to thaw.
- Line baking sheet with foil. (Be sure pan will fit in your freezer.)
- Mash banana in medium bowl; crumble pound cake and add to banana. Stir in pudding, blending until consistency of soft dough.
- Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls (or form with a portion scoop). Place on baking sheet; freeze 10-15 minutes to harden balls.
- Melt chocolate following package instructions. Dip cake balls into chocolate using two forks; letting excess chocolate drip off. Place balls on baking sheet; immediately top with sprinkles and let chocolate harden. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. (Makes 24 bon bons.)