-- Put water on to boil for rice; prepare salad through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Complete rice and chicken, toss salad; serve - 20 minutes
Chicken Saigon Sizzler With Brown Rice
2 1/4 cups water
10 ounces frozen diced chicken breast (1/2 bag)
2 cups fast-cooking brown rice (10-minute variety)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
1 pound steak-topper vegetables (contains fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions and red/green bell peppers)
3/4 cup stir-fry sauce
1. Place water in medium saucepan, cover and bring to boil on high heat for rice.
2. Place chicken in microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes to thaw.
3. Stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Preheat wok or large sauté pan on high heat 2-3 minutes. Place oil and garlic into pan (pan should sizzle). Stir in vegetables; cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes.
5. Drain chicken, if needed, and add to stir-fry. Sauté 2 minutes.
6. Add stir-fry sauce and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes until liquid reduces slightly. Serve chicken over brown rice.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 443kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 38mg; SODIUM 1273mg; CARB 64g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 22g; VIT A 7%; VIT C 82%; CALC 3%; IRON 7%
4 cups romaine lettuce
3 plum tomatoes
1 yellow squash
1/4 cup Oriental salad dressing
chow mein noodles (optional)
1. Shred lettuce, using sharp knife, into 1/2-inch ribbons. Dice (rinsed) tomatoes and (rinsed) yellow squash into 1/2-inch cubes. Place all vegetables in large bowl and chill until ready to serve.
2. Toss with dressing, sprinkle with noodles and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 57kcal; FAT 2g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 269mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 42%; VIT C 59%; CALC 3%; IRON 7%
Pressed for time? This meal can be made in 15 minutes by substituting a pre-made salad from the produce department.