-- Put water on to boil for pasta; prepare chicken through step 2 - 15 minutes
-- Continue pasta and complete chicken; serve - 20 minutes
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
1 cup fresh green beans
3 fresh garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 cup matchstick carrots
1 cup pre-diced onions
1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (undrained)
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper (wash hands). Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. While chicken cooks, chop parsley.
2. Add parsley, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and wine to chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer 6-8 minutes or until 165°F.
3. Cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Trim ends of beans; cut into 2-inch-long lengths. Chop garlic.
4. Remove chicken from pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients (except tomatoes); cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
5. Stir in tomatoes; cook 4-5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer vegetables to serving dish. Slice chicken, arrange over vegetables, and serve with pasta.
12 oz whole-grain penne pasta
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon herb garlic butter
1. Prepare pasta following package instructions.
2. Drain pasta; return to saucepan. Stir in cheese and butter. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, garlic bread, and a fruit or lemon pie for dessert.
-- Primavera means “spring style” and this meal really highlights fresh vegetables. Avoid overcooking the vegetables to retain the most vibrant color and crisp flavor.