-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare chicken and begin to bake - 15 minutes
-- Prepare cherry crisp and place in oven during last 20 minutes of chicken bake time; serve - 30 minutes
Chicken in a Biscuit
2 cups frozen diced chicken breast, thawed (or use leftover chicken)
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk, divided
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. If using leftover chicken, tear or cut into bite-size pieces. Place chicken in large bowl.
2. Stir in vegetables, soup, and 1 cup of the milk; mix well. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
3. Combine biscuit baking mix, remaining 2/3 cup milk, and cheese in large bowl; mix well. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into 9 biscuits, about 1 inch apart, on top of chicken mixture. Flatten dough (using back of spoon) to about 3/4-inch thick. Bake 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden and chicken mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve.
2 (12-ounce) bags frozen dark sweet cherries
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or apple pie spice)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place cherries in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until defrosted. Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Drain cherries and return to bowl; stir in cinnamon (or apple pie spice) and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon cherry mixture into baking dish.
3. Place butter in same bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
4. Use fork to stir in oats, brown sugar, and flour; mix well and sprinkle over cherry mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: To make this dessert even more special, top with a scoop of Publix Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
To get that restaurant "cheesy garlic" taste, mix 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Brush on the biscuits after cooking; sprinkle with chopped parsley.