-- Prepare asparagus through prep and step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare curry (and rice, if serving) - 25 minutes
-- Complete asparagus and serve - 10 minutes
1/2 lb fresh sugar snap peas
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
2 (10.75-oz) cans condensed reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
-- Cut peas into bite-size pieces. Slice green onions.
-- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (wash hands); season with salt and pepper.
1. Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 6-8 minutes or until browned. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 more minute.
2. Stir in peas, broth, coconut milk, and chicken soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in green onions; cook 5 more minutes for flavors to blend. Turn heat off; can stand 10-15 minutes for additional flavor development. Curries are traditionally served over white rice.
Grilled Asparagus With Caramel Vinaigrette
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
-- Cut 1 inch from tough root end of asparagus; place in medium bowl.
1. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
2. Stir together in a microwave-safe bowl, brown sugar, butter, and vinegar. Microwave on HIGH 1-3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture boils. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil until well blended.
3. Preheat large grill pan (or sauté pan) on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place asparagus in pan; cook and turn 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer asparagus to serving dish and top with caramel vinaigrette. Serve warm.
-- Complete your meal with white rice, crusty bread, and a fruit dessert.
-- The caramel vinaigrette may thicken and separate somewhat as it cools, so be sure to serve it warm.