-- Preheat grill; prepare rice through step 3 - 5 minutes
-- While rice cooks, prepare and grill chicken - 15 minutes
-- Complete rice and chicken; serve - 10 minutes
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 teaspoons Complete seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup pre-sliced green onions
1/4 cup molasses
3 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon cilantro herb paste
juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place on grill and close lid; grill 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken is 165°F.
2. Combine in medium bowl: remaining ingredients, including juice of one-half lime (1 tablespoon). Stir in chicken until evenly coated; cover (with foil) and let stand 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until flavors have blended. Serve.
Island Peas and Rice
1 (13.5-oz) can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons mango-lime (or seafood) seasoning
1 (10-oz) package yellow rice mix
1 cup frozen green peas
1. Combine coconut milk, chicken broth, raisins, and seasoning in medium saucepan; cover and bring to boil on high.
2. Stir rice mix into boiling mixture. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 22-25 minutes (covered, do not stir) or until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. Stir in peas; cover and cook 4-5 more minutes or until peas are heated. Fluff rice with fork and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with sweet plantains, Cuban bread, and fruit pastries for dessert.
-- The chicken thighs are a great alternative to chicken breasts. Thighs are more flavorful and stay moist when cooked.