-- Prepare mac and beef through step 2 - 15 minutes
-- Meanwhile, begin broccoli stir-fry - 5 minutes
-- Complete both and serve - 10 minutes
Cheesy Mac and Beef
1 lb ground beef chuck
1 (14.5-oz) can beef broth
1 cup water
8 oz elbow macaroni (2 cups)
1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
1/4 cup processed cheese sauce
8 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat large sauté pan (or electric skillet) on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place ground beef in pan (wash hands); cook 5-7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until beef is brown and no pink remains.
2. Stir in broth, water, and macaroni; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed and pasta is soft and tender.
3. Stir milk into pasta; remove from heat (or turn heat off). Stir in both cheeses until smooth and melted. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Simple Stir-Fry Broccoli
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
1 (16-oz) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, onions, red peppers, celery, water chestnuts, mushrooms)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon ginger spice blend paste
1. Combine broccoli, stir-fry vegetables, and water; cover and microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until stir-fry vegetables are thawed and broccoli is tender.
2. Preheat large sauté pan (or wok) on high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan. Drain any liquid from veggies; transfer veggies to hot sauté pan. (Use caution: oil may pop, if water is not thoroughly drained.)
3. Stir in hoisin sauce and ginger paste; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, crusty bread, and apple pie for dessert.
-- The stir-fry may also be made with green beans, snow peas, sugar snap peas, or shredded carrots instead of broccoli.