-- Prepare berry tart - 10 minutes
-- Bring water to boil for pasta; preheat grill (or grill pan)
-- Prepare pork recipe; serve - 25 minutes
Caesar-Style Tortellini With Pork
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
1 (10-oz) Caesar salad kit
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup whipped cream cheese (or sour cream)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup sliced black olives, drained
-- Bring water to boil for pasta. Preheat grill (or grill pan).
-- Chop tomato and salad blend into bite-size pieces.
-- Cut pork into four equal pieces.
1. Season pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and oil. Place pork in grill pan (or on grill); grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium). Remove pork from heat; let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
2. Cook tortellini following package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water when draining.
3. Combine in salad bowl, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, mustard, Caesar dressing (from kit), reserved pasta water, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; whisk until smooth.
4. Add tortellini, olives, tomatoes, croutons (from kit), and salad greens; toss with dressing. Slice pork; layer over top of salad and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Fresh Berry Tart
2 (5.3-oz) containers nonfat Greek yogurt with honey
1 prepared shortbread pie crust
3 cups fresh mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or strawberries)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Stir yogurt to blend in honey; spread one container of yogurt over pie crust. Place one-half of the berries in single layer over yogurt; repeat both layers.
2. Sprinkle with sugar. Chill until ready to serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with a frozen vegetable blend, crusty baguette, and iced tea.
-- This recipe would also be great made with chicken or shrimp.