-- Prepare step 1 of quesadillas; prepare salsa and chill - 10 minutes
-- Prepare hash browns and begin to brown - 5 minutes
-- Meanwhile, complete quesadillas and serve - 20 minutes
8 slices bacon
butter cooking spray
1/2 cup pre-diced red onion
1 1/2 cups refrigerated egg substitute
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1. Place separated bacon slices between double layers of paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes until crisp. CAUTION! Plate may become hot!
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Spray pan with cooking spray and add onions; cook 3-4 minutes until onions begin to brown.
3. Stir in eggs, 1/2 cup cheese and seasoning; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until eggs are cooked. Lay tortillas out on work surface. Divide egg mixture between tortillas, spreading over one half of each tortilla, to within 1/2-inch of edge. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese and 2 bacon slices; fold tortillas in half over filling.
4. Return sauté pan to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Place two quesadillas in pan, sprayed side down. Lightly coat top with cooking spray and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 488kcal; FAT 25g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 1188mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 32%; VIT C 2%; CALC 40%; IRON 22%
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Serve with quesadillas, tortilla chips or enchiladas.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 58kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 13mg; SODIUM 288mg; CARB 5g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 7%; IRON 0%
Seasoned Hash Browns
3 tablespoons butter
5 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning blend
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
2. Place butter in pan; add potatoes and seasoning. Cook 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow potatoes to brown. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 175kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 23mg; SODIUM 363mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 0g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 14%; CALC 0%; IRON 0%
Roll the tortillas around the egg filling and then wrap in foil for a
great on-the-go breakfast wrap.