-- Prepare salsa - 15 minutes
-- Prepare corn and begin to simmer - 5 minutes
-- Prepare tuna and serve - 10 minutes
1/4 cup blackening seasoning
4 tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place seasoning in shallow bowl. Coat tuna with cooking spray; dredge tuna steaks, one at a time, in seasoning (coat evenly on both sides). Wash hands.
2. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add tuna, using tongs, and cook 2 minutes on each side (for medium), up to 3-4 minutes on each side (for well-done), or until desired doneness. Serve with Fresh Salsa.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
1 pint grape tomatoes (rinsed)
3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro (rinsed)
1 lime (rinsed)
1/2 cup pre-diced red onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Slice tomatoes in half; chop cilantro finely. Place both in medium bowl. Cut lime in half; squeeze juice of one lime half into bowl (1 tablespoon). (Reserve other lime half for garnish.)
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. (For a smoother texture, place in food processor or blender; pulse 20-30 seconds or until smooth.) Chill until ready to serve with tuna.
Chuck Wagon Corn
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup frozen diced green bell peppers
3 tablespoons diced pimientos
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce to medium; simmer 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until corn is tender. Serve.
The net carbs on the tuna and salsa are low. Enjoy a nice salad or fresh steamed green vegetable instead of the corn.