-- Prepare salad through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare rice (if serving)
-- Prepare fish; complete salad and serve - 25 minutes
Blackened Fish With Tarragon Salsa
1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 firm fish fillets (such as snapper, cod or mahi; 1 1/2 lb)
2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
1 can black beans (15-16 oz), drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
-- Chop onion, tarragon, and tomatoes; place all in small bowl.
1. Stir 2 tablespoons oil into tomato mixture until blended; set aside.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 3-4 minutes. Coat fish with seasoning (wash hands). Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add fish; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily).
3. Combine in microwave-safe dish: beans, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and pepper; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Place beans on serving plates; top with fish and tomato mixture. Serve.
juice of 3 limes
2 hearts romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, finely chopped
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup honey
-- Squeeze limes for juice (3 tablespoons) into small bowl.
-- Chop romaine and feta.
1. Arrange romaine on serving plates. Sprinkle with cheese and caraway seeds.
2. Whisk mayonnaise and honey into lime juice until blended; drizzle over salad and serve.
-- Complete your meal with rice, Cuban bread, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- To get a nice crust on the fish in our recipe it is really important to have the pan very hot before adding the fish. And you can’t skimp on the amount of seasoning!