1 lb large peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 large orange, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup cinnamon-toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons barbecue glaze coating mix
1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
Large zip-top bag
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
5 oz spring mix salad blend
1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Vidalia onion dressing
- Preheat oven to broil. Thaw shrimp, if needed.
- Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Peel orange; cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Chop almonds.
- Combine glaze and blackening seasoning in bag; add shrimp and shake to coat evenly. Arrange shrimp in single layer on baking sheet (wash hands). Broil 5–6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Place orange slices on second baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Broil oranges 3–4 minutes or until sugar has caramelized.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except 2 tablespoons dressing) in salad bowl, tossing to coat greens. Transfer to serving platter. Top salad with shrimp and orange slices; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve.
3–4 large oranges, for juice
3 tablespoons orange blossom honey
1 cup ice cubes
3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Squeeze oranges for juice (1 1/2 cups).
- Add to blender (in this order): juice, honey, ice cubes, and ice cream. Process until smooth. Serve