-- Preheat grill; prepare beans through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare pork through step 2; complete beans - 15 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes, complete pork, and serve - 10 minutes
Blackberry Pork Chops
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick)
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup blackberry preserves
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
dash curry powder
1 cup fresh blackberries (optional, rinsed)
1. Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of pork with steak seasoning. Coat both sides of pork with cooking spray; place on grill (wash hands). Close lid (or cover loosely with foil).
2. Grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except blackberries) in small saucepan. Bring just to boiling on medium, stirring occasionally, to liquefy preserves.
4. Cover and remove from heat.
5. Ladle sauce over pork chops and garnish with blackberries. Serve.
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon horseradish
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Microwave 3 more minutes on HIGH or until thoroughly heated.
3. Stir and serve.
1 (12-ounce) bag fresh snipped green beans (rinsed)
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan on high; cover and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beans are desired tenderness. Serve.
For extra flavor, add a dash of cinnamon and a dash of curry powder when cooking the blackberry sauce.