-- Prepare egg rolls through step 4 and set aside - 5 minutes
-- Prepare stir-fry through step 6; place egg rolls in oven - 10 minutes
-- Complete stir-fry; complete egg rolls and serve - 15 minutes
Beef and Tortellini Stir-Fry
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon Szechuan seasoning
large zip-top bag
1 pound beef top round (stir-fry cut)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 cup frozen pepper stir-fry (contains sliced green/red/yellow peppers and onions)
1 (11-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
2 1/2 cups frozen Broccoli Stir-Fry Vegetables (contains broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, pea pods, red peppers, mushrooms and bamboo shoots)
1/2 cup lite teriyaki sauce
1. Fill large saucepan 3/4 full of tap water. Cover and bring to boil on high heat for tortellini.
2. Preheat wok or large sauté pan on high for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place flour and Szechuan seasoning in zip-top bag and shake to mix.
4. Add beef stir-fry to bag; seal tightly and shake to coat. Set aside. Wash hands.
5. Add oil, garlic (pan should sizzle) and pepper stir-fry to wok. Sauté 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Move ingredients to one side of wok. Add beef and residual seasoning from bag to other side of wok and sauté beef 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir tortellini into boiling water. Bring back to boil and cook 3 minutes, uncovered.
8. If using, add jalapeño to wok. Stir in Oriental stir-fry. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Add teriyaki sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Drain tortellini and add to stir-fry. Mix together and serve.
Glazed Egg Rolls
1 (12-ounce) package frozen pork and shrimp egg rolls
1/4 cup duck sauce
1/4 teaspoon five spices powder
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil (for ease in cleaning) and spray with cooking spray.
3. Place egg rolls on baking sheet (reserving sauce packets for dipping, if using). Spread 1 tablespoon duck sauce over each.
4. Sprinkle with five spices powder.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Using tongs, immediately remove egg rolls from foil and serve.
Using frozen pre-cut vegetables saves preparation time.