-- Prepare rice recipe and begin cook time - 5 minutes
-- Prepare beef recipe through step 1; complete rice (let stand) - 5 minutes
-- Complete beef recipe and fluff rice; serve - 15 minutes
Beef and Broccoli
12 oz fresh broccoli florets
1 1/2 lb beef skirt steak
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon ginger spice blend paste
1/2 cup reduced-sodium stir-fry (or oyster) sauce
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
-- Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces; place in microwave-safe bowl.
-- Slice steak thinly across the grain (wash hands).
1. Cover broccoli and microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until almost tender.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add steak, garlic, and ginger paste; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until meat is lightly browned. While steak cooks, combine remaining ingredients (except broccoli) in small bowl until well blended.
3. Stir broccoli and sauce mixture into beef. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens and broccoli is tender. Serve.
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper
1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups instant brown rice
1 cup frozen green peas
-- Slice onions; cut peppr into bite-size pieces.
1. Combine in large sauté pan, broth, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil on high for rice.
2. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in peas, onions, and peppers. Cover and let stand 5-7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
-- Complete your meal with chow mein noodles, egg rolls, and fresh fruit for dessert.
-- For added crunch, stir sliced water chestnuts into the beef with the sauce.