Prepare chicken through step 2 - 10 minutes
Prepare salad - 5 minutes
Complete chicken and serve - 5 minutes
Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
1 cup pre-diced onions
1 cup baby-cut carrots
4 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Place onions, carrots, and mushrooms in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips; coat with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan (wash hands); sprinkle with steak seasoning. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes, turning once, or until chicken begins to brown.
3. Drain vegetables and stir into chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring once, or until vegetables begin to brown.
4. Remove lid and cook 3 more minutes, stirring once, or until vegetables are well browned. Stir in balsamic vinegar and serve.
5 ounces spring mix salad
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
1. Combine salad mix, croutons, and cheese in salad bowl.
2. Toss with dressing and serve.
Serve the chicken with half the carrots, and the salad without the croutons, for a meal under 10g net carbs.