-- Prepare steaks through step 1 and rice through step 1 - 10 minutes
Cook steaks, complete rice and plantains; serve - 10 minutes
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
juice of 1 lemon
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 cloves fresh garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, divided
1 1/2 lb beef skirt steaks
1. Place parsley leaves into food processor (or blender). Add lemon juice (1 tablespoon), 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon adobo. Pulse until coarsely chopped and blended.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1 teaspoon adobo (wash hands).
3. Place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan, then add steaks; cook 6-8 minutes, turning often, or until steak is 145°F. Top steaks with parsley mixture and serve.
Yellow Rice With Plantains
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sofrito (Spanish cooking sauce)
2 tablespoons sliced green olives
1 (5-gram) packet sazón with azafrán seasoning
2 (8.8-oz) pouches pre-cooked long grain rice
1 (11-oz) package frozen ripe plantains
1. Combine water, sofrito, olives, and sazón in medium saucepan. Stir in rice; cover and cook on medium 6-8 minutes or until hot.
2. Remove packaging from plantains; microwave on HIGH 3-3 1/2 minutes or until hot. Stir and serve over rice.
-- Complete your meal with black beans, corn bread, and dulce de leche for dessert.
-- These delicious skirt steaks are also excellent when served as fajitas.