Apple Crisp Chicken, Honey Carrots, and Tangerine Punch
-- Prepare punch; prepare carrots through step 1 and set aside - 10 minutes
-- Prepare chicken through step 2; begin to microwave carrots - 15 minutes
-- Complete chicken and carrots; serve - 10 minutes
Apple Crisp Chicken
1 cup dried apple chips
1 cup corn flakes cereal
2 tablespoons flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 pound chicken cutlets
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons apple butter (or cinnamon applesauce)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Crush apple chips while adding to food processor; process to chop finely. Add corn flakes, 1 tablespoon flour, and seasoned salt; process until coarsely chopped. Pour mixture into shallow bowl.
2. Place remaining 1 tablespoon flour and chicken in zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place apple butter (or applesauce) in second shallow bowl; add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Melt butter in pan and swirl to coat. Dredge chicken in corn flakes mixture; place in pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 170°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
16 ounces baby carrots
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe dish.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH 10-12 minutes, stirring once, until tender. Stir and serve.
1 (32-ounce) container tangerine juice
1 (10-ounce) can frozen strawberry daiquiri mixer
2 cups water
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Combine tangerine juice and strawberry mixer in pitcher.
2. Stir in water and lime juice; chill until ready to serve.
-- Complete your meal with ready-to-bake cookies and fresh fruit.
-- The apple chips and corn flakes can be processed by using a zip-top bag. Seal tightly; crush mixture using a meat mallet (or rolling pin).
Calories 721kcal; Fat 14g; Cholesterol 88mg; Carbohydrate 126g; Fiber 3g; Protein 29g; Sodium 615mg
Apple Crisp Chicken
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 81mg; SODIUM 356mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 7%; VIT C 15%; CALC 1%; IRON 13%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 120kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 24g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 310%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 261kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 4mg; CARB 68g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 19%; VIT C 45%; CALC 0%; IRON 10%