3 slices Deli prosciutto ham (about 2 oz)
8-10 fresh basil leaves
36 Belgian endive leaves (2-3 heads)
4 oz premium blue cheese, coarsely crumbled
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Alternate topping: Deli Tarragon Chicken Salad
- Stack prosciutto slices; cut into thin strips. Cut basil into thin strips (2 tablespoons). Trim/discard root end of endive to separate leaves. Chill all until ready to prepare.
- Arrange 36 endive leaves on serving platter. Top each with cheese, prosciutto, walnuts, and basil; drizzle lightly with glaze. Serve.
Chicken Salad on Endive: Prepare endive leaves as noted above. Top with chicken salad. Or make some with each filling.
Prep: 25 minutes (Makes 36)
1 cup garlic ginger wonton strips
large zip-top bag
1 seedless cucumber
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon ginger spice paste
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
12 oz pre-sliced Deli roast beef
3 tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce, optional
- Place wonton strips in bag; seal tightly and crush. Place crumbs on plate (may be paper); set aside.
- Cut cucumber in half (reserve other half for another use); cut length in half again. Julienne by cutting each piece into thin slices; then stack slices and cut into thin, uniform matchsticks. Place in medium bowl. Chill until ready to prepare.
- Stir hoisin sauce, ginger paste, and bean sprouts into cucumber strips until evenly coated. Lay beef slices flat; add 1 tablespoon of the cucumber mixture near one short end of slices.
- Roll beef tightly starting at short end; then carefully roll in wonton crumbs. Cut rolls into short lengths; arrange on serving platter. Top with chili sauce and serve.
Prep: 25 minutes (Makes about 36)
3 (6-oz) boxes frozen crab cakes
1 head Bibb lettuce
3/4 lb Produce tropical fruit salad (pineapple, strawberries, kiwi)
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely minced
2 tablespoons honey
juice of 1/2 lime (1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons butter, divided
3 tablespoons rémoulade sauce
- Thaw crab cakes following package instructions. Separate 24 lettuce leaves. Cut crab cakes into quarters; form into 24 patties about 1/2-inch thick (wash hands).
- Cut fruit into 1/4-inch pieces; place in medium bowl. Chop cilantro and mince shallot. Stir both into fruit with honey and lime juice. Chill all until ready to prepare.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon butter in pan, then gently add crab cakes; cook 4-5 minutes, without turning, or until golden.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter; turn crab cakes. Reduce to medium-low; cook 4-5 more minutes or until golden and 165°F.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter; drizzle each with rémoulade sauce. Add crab cakes; top with salsa and serve.
Prep and Cook: 55 minutes (Makes 24)