Vegetarian Enchilada Bake
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
one 10-ounce box frozen veggie patties
one package taco seasoning mix (reserve 1 teaspoon)
1/4 cup frozen onions
1 tablespoon frozen diced green peppers
vegetable cooking spray
8 flour tortillas
one 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
one 8-ounce package Veggie Shreds (reserve 1/4 cup for black beans)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Crumble veggie patties into mixing bowl; add taco seasoning mix (reserving 1 teaspoon for topping), onion and pepper, mixing until blended. If mixture is still frozen, thaw on defrost setting in microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Spray baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
4. Lay tortilla shell flat on work surface; place approximately 1/4 cup of veggie patties mix and 2 tablespoons veggie shreds on one side of the shell. Starting with side of shell topped with veggie mixture, roll tortilla shell tightly over mixture and place seam-side down into baking dish. Repeat with remaining shells.
5. Pour enchilada sauce over top, covering entire dish. If some of the tortillas do not get covered, spread with a spoon.
6. Sprinkle remainder of veggie shreds (reserving 1/4 cup for black beans) and reserved taco seasoning over top.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for additional 5 minutes.