Turkey Corn Cheddar Chowder
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
5 slices bacon
1 pound turkey breast cutlets (or use leftover turkey)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend (contains diced onions, red/green peppers and celery)
1 (11-ounce) can white corn (drained)
2 cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes with onions
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water
1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup processed cheese sauce
1 cup reduced-fat milk
2 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning blend
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
shredded Mexican cheese blend, optional
1. Preheat large saucepan on high 2-3 minutes. Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; place in saucepan and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Dice turkey into bite-size pieces; season with salt and pepper. (If using leftover turkey, dice and add with potatoes.) Add uncooked turkey and seasoning blend to bacon; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir corn and potatoes (with leftover turkey) into bacon mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients (except shredded cheese); cover and bring to a boil. (Mixture must be boiling to thicken properly.) Whisk flour, water and 1/4 cup chicken broth in small bowl until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture slowly to chowder, whisking continuously. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve chowder topped with shredded cheese.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 462kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 76mg;
SODIUM 1424mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 26g;
VIT A 8%; VIT C 13%; CALC 18%; IRON 4%