Turkey and Potato Enchiladas
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
3/4 pound ground turkey breast
1 cup frozen diced onions
1 (4.5-ounce) can green chiles
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/3 cup water
1 cup refrigerated hash brown potatoes
10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes.
2. Add turkey, onions, and green chiles. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until meat crumbles and no pink remains. Drain, if needed. Stir in taco seasoning, water, and potatoes.
3. Assemble enchiladas as follows: lay tortilla flat and place 1/4 cup meat mixture on tortilla. Roll tortilla to form cylinder shape and arrange seam side down in 10- x 13-inch baking dish. Repeat with all tortillas.
4. Pour enchilada sauce over filled enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Top with your choice of tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream, if desired. Serve. (Makes 5 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/5 recipe) 660kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 1600mg; CARB 70g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 8%; CALC 40%; IRON 25%