- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 (32-ounce) bottle canola oil
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1. Place oil in large saucepan and heat on high 10-12 minutes, or until oil reaches 350°F.
2. Wash potatoes and cut ends off. Using vegetable peeler, peel potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes in half then into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
4. Using tongs, place one potato strip into oil. If oil bubbles up and potato begins to immediately cook, then oil is hot enough.
5. Using tongs, carefully place remaining potatoes in oil. Fry 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
6. Place paper towels in medium mixing bowl to absorb excess cooking oil. Using slotted spoon, remove potatoes and place in bowl with paper towels.
7. Remove paper towels, sprinkle fries with cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Serve.