- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 (9-ounce) box frozen peas and onions
1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon
8 ounces fettuccine (1/2 box)
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves fresh garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup whole milk
1. Fill large saucepan 3/4 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for pasta.
2. Remove tray of peas and onions from carton. Peel back plastic film slightly to vent. Microwave on high 5 minutes.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Slice salmon into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Using garlic press, crush one garlic clove at a time into sauté pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press.
6. Drain peas if needed and add to garlic. Salt and pepper. Sauté 1 minute, stirring often.
7. Stir in flour and milk. Reduce heat to low and simmer 4-5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
8. Stir in salmon, separating slices. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Drain pasta and serve salmon mixture over pasta.