Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup
- Total Time:
- Active Time:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
one 10-ounce package frozen diced onions
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
one 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
2 cups reduced fat milk
one 20-ounce package refrigerated mashed potatoes
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons chicken base
2 tablespoons frozen chives
1. Preheat saucepan on high for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add butter and roasted garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add onions; cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir flour into garlic and onions; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in chicken broth, milk, potatoes, steak seasoning, garlic and chicken base. Stir to mix well; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 11 minutes, stirring often.
6. Stir in chives, cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Serve.