- Total Time:
- Active Time:
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
2 links cured chorizo sausage (about 3 oz)
1 (5-gr) packet Sazón seasoning with annatto, coriander
1 (14-oz) package Mexican melting cheese
1 lb ground pork
8 large flour tortillas
1. Stir Sazón into pepper mixture until evenly blended.
2. Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces and place in 2-quart baking dish; bake 8-10 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place pepper mixture in pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables have softened and chorizo has become oily.
4. Stir in ground pork; cook and stir 3-5 more minutes or until pork is browned and no pink remains. Drain to remove fat. (Heat tortillas following package instructions, if desired.)
5. Remove baking dish from oven (make sure cheese is bubbly). Pour pork mixture evenly over cheese; sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon mixture into tortillas and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 890mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 110%; CALC 40%; IRON 15%