1 pound boneless chicken tenders
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cloves fresh garlic
1 pound steak-topper vegetables (fresh sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles (undrained)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons jalapeño pepper jelly
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 cup shredded Colby Monterey Jack cheese
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; wash hands.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Combine flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Place chicken in bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
3. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Add chicken (wash hands); cook 3 minutes, turning often, or until evenly browned.
4. Stir in vegetables, chiles, and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in jelly and liquid smoke; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 580mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 170%; CALC 30%; IRON 8%
If you would like to share your recipe, please forward it to family, friends, or caretakers from your email account. This is the safest and most reliable method of delivery.